Self storage units are secure, clean, and climate-controlled storage spaces that are rented out to individuals or businesses on a short-term basis. They are typically used to store household items, furniture, business records, and other items that do not fit in traditional storage facilities.
Self storage units can be either indoor or outdoor, and come in a variety of sizes to accommodate different needs. They are often secured with locks, alarms, and video surveillance to ensure the safety of the items stored.
The cost of renting a self storage unit depends on the size of the unit, the location of the unit, the duration of the rental period, and other factors.
Most self storage units offer month-to-month rental agreements, with discounts available for long-term leases.
Benefits of using Self Storage Units
Convenience: Self storage units provide an easy and convenient way to store items. You can access them at any time, without having to worry about timing or availability.
Flexibility: Self storage units are flexible and can accommodate a wide range of items. They come in various sizes and shapes, so you can find the perfect unit for your needs.
Cost-effective: Self storage units are an affordable way to store your items. You don’t have to pay for an entire storage unit, but can rent a smaller unit and only pay for the space you need.
Variety: Self storage units come in a variety of styles, shapes and sizes. You can choose the perfect size to suit your needs and the items you need to store.
Mobility: Self storage units are easy to move and transport. You can take them with you if you move or relocate, and they can be moved to different locations if needed.
Versatility: Self storage units can be used for a variety of purposes. They can be used to store seasonal items, such as Christmas decorations, or to store business equipment and documents.
- Self storage units protect your items from damage or theft. They are weather-proof and fire-resistant, so your items will remain safe and secure.
Organization: Self storage units help you keep your items organized and easy to find. You can store items in labeled boxes or containers to make it easier to find what you need.
Do’s & Don’ts while storing items in Self storage units
- Label all of your boxes
- Utilize plastic bins instead of cardboard boxes when possible
- Invest in a good quality padlock
- Leave walkways open so that you can access your items easily
- Cover furniture with plastic to protect it from dust
- Disassemble items when possible before storing them
- Make sure that your items are clean and dry
- Take an inventory of your items before storing them
- Don’t store food items in your unit
- Don’t store items that are flammable, hazardous, or illegal
- Don’t leave valuable items in your unit
- Don’t stack boxes too high to prevent them from falling over
- Don’t store items on the floor as this can cause them to become water damaged
- Don’t forget to inform your storage facility of any changes in your unit’s contents
- Don’t leave any items that could attract pests or rodents in your unit